Spotahome is an international online marketplace which offers verified rental accommodation across 100 European cities in 27 countries and with a global ambition. Spotahome began as a start-up created in 2014 by 4 friends with a vision to revolutionise the traditional real estate space starting with digitalising rentals.
At Spotahome we make renting easy by allowing people to book completely online from wherever they are in the world, with the knowledge that the property they are booking is real and accurate. We are the only ones sending «Homecheckers» to make videos, floorplans, and photos to the almost 100,000 properties across Europe.
So far we’ve helped over 150,000 renters find their perfect home – no more traditional viewings, no more time-wasting, just easy online renting!
We are backed by some of the most highly reputed international investors from Silicon Valley, the UK, and Spain; having raised €80+ Million to date.
- Full remote flexibility and flexible work schedule, we trust our team and we are goal oriented 🚀
- Competitive salary in accordance with candidate experience and Stock Options of one of the most promising and best funded start-ups in Europe
- A challenging and creative job in an innovative, constantly growing, fast-moving and owner-managed company with many opportunities for growth 🎉
- An open corporate culture with plenty of room for new ideas and impulses and regular company events and team building activities 🏆
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates 🤝
- International work environment with more than 20 nationalities
- Training budget and, free English lessons company events and team building activities 🏆
- Optional Health insurance and gym membership under co-payment, to support your health and wellbeing
- No politics or bureaucracy. Only a great environment for you to achieve your best work ✨
What would you be doing as a People Operations & Payroll Manager?
We’re looking for an organised, flexible, and detail-oriented People Operations Manager with a knack for both practical and creative elements of the job. The ideal candidate is someone with relevant experience leading HR processes, good knowledge of Spanish labour law and experience handling HR related matters at an international level. You’ll advise colleagues at all levels and from different locations on a range of day-to-day HR issues and play a key role in driving an excellent employee experience by leading and supporting programs, policies, processes, and systems.
You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about people that work together to constantly improve their experience. Your main focus will be:
- Lead the payroll and administrative function of the People team with day to day tasks. Including monthly payroll processing, contracts, annexes, terminations documents, audit requests and any supporting any other related payroll queries.
- Monitor the Employee cycle and actively provide and use HR data and metrics to drive employee engagement and support the Head of People in the People strategy definition.
- Proactively improve, implement and automate People policies and processes to achieve scale in our organisation and ensure legal compliance across countries.
- Act as a trusted advisor to managers and employees regarding People related concerns, providing advice best practices.
- Ensure accurate and updated employee data in people related systems and internal documents; including outsourced payroll and compensation management systems.
- Partner with the Finance team on Compensation & Benefits.
- Partner with the rest of the People Team and Managers to execute company initiatives and priorities within the organisation, encouraging professional growth and delivering on Well being, Diversity & Inclusion and Company Values.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of demonstrated experience of People Operations experience with good knowledge of HR best practices and employment law.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and used to working with different HR platforms as well as in Drive in a shared services environment.
- An analytical/structured mindset and rigorous attention to detail. You’ll need to be comfortable extracting information from different platforms and working with quantitative data, often in excel/charts along with evidence-based qualitative insights.
- Highly flexible, reliable, and motivated, and keep a cool head even in difficult situations.
- Self-motivated and happy to take on responsibility and drive topics forward proactively.
- Used to multitasking and managing a varied range of matters and projects at the same time with different priority levels.
- Proven experience collaborating and partnering with colleagues at all levels.
- Able to work effectively in a virtual environment, with strong customer focus, and excellent interpersonal and teaming skills across multiple countries and cultures.
- Ideally based in Spain, in the area of Madrid
It would be great if you also have
- Previous experience as HR Generalist or HR Advisor
- International experience across multiple locations
Join the Spotahome family
At Spotahome we have a friendly open collaborative culture and a united team vision. All of our #Spotters have the ability to make a big impact (we love entrepreneurial/risk taking/high ambition mindsets). Our work is rewarding and we help each other win by creating a supportive and collaborative environment for one another. Take a look at our opening and send us your application – we look forward to hearing from you!
Here at Spotahome we’re passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Everyone is welcome, we don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or belief, gender or gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best selves to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let us know.